Thank you, Kristina @kristinareads ( https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/73619680 ) for nominating me! This seems like a fun way to get to know other bloggers.
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
3. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well. (Maggie @okoto enigmas blog)
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people. (I’m doing three since I am very new to this and am only following a few bloggers anyways)
6. Notify your nominees.
7. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
8. Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- When I was about a toddler, I didn’t understand why men could grow beards and go to the pool shirtless while girls cannot. I then made it my goal to grow a beard and walk around topless in public. Obviously, I have withdrawn both goals.
- I am incredibly driven in almost an obsessive way. I used to have the mentality that anything I do, I must be the best at–if I don’t go down in history, I am a waste of life. In the past five years, I have modified this view so that I can take pride in smaller accomplishments, but I still possess an ambitious drive. I often set my goals way too high (Olympics, Ivy League, Presidency, Best-Selling Author), but in doing so, I go farther than I would have without such goals. In a way, this is both an incredible strength and a detrimental weakness of mine.
- I have been a competitive swimmer since the age of 6. By no means do I have the body for the sport since I stand at 5 feet tall, but it is the best sport for me. I have awful problems with spatial awareness and clumsiness, which were especially apparent when I was younger. In the water, however, I can feel where I am in relationship to other objects, whereas on land I have to visually gauge. When I was 6, my family and I chose swimming because it was the only thing I could do without injuring myself too badly, but as I grew older we realized the psychology behind why this is the sport for me.
- What book would you re-write if you could, and why? What would you change? A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. I loved everything about this book except the ending. I felt that the whole thing was very raw and realistic, but in order to wrap it up, Smith introduced a rich character at the end to magically fix all of the family’s problems. Perfect endings are not my type; I prefer more melancholy but feasible conclusions.
- If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be and why? This is not a fair question at all. There are so many great authors! I think I would choose Dickens though, because he was so prolific. It takes me a while to read his books, and since there are so many I think I would have plenty for my lifetime. Also, I actually really enjoy his silly plots laced with underlying social commentary.
- Who is your ideal book spouse (a character in a book you would marry) and why? Harry Potter because duh. Actually, when I was around the age of 6 I saw the first movie and developed a huge crush on Daniel Radcliffe–but that’s beside the point. I feel like I know this character the best because I have watched him grow up while I have simultaneously grown up. Also, I’ve spent more time with him than any other character, considering I have read the books twice and seen the movies many times.
- What was your favorite book when you were in middle school, and why? The idea of middle school confuses me a bit because there is no clear start and finish to it. If you believe it goes up to 6th grade, definitely Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince, but if you believe it goes up to 8th, then To Kill A Mockingbird, which is still one of my favorite books today.
- If you had to be the SIDEKICK in any book/series, who would it be and why? I would like to be the sidekick in the Lord of the Rings Series, actually. I think it would be fun to be whisked away from normal life to all of a sudden be facing various creatures and people.
Kathrine @katherinejlegry https://girlsodaatlas.wordpress.com/
Russell Smith @possiblehorizon http://horizonsofthepossible.wordpress.com/
The Lyrictrotter @lyrictrotter https://exclusivito.wordpress.com/
- Why did you start a blog?
- If you were an animal, which would you be?
- Do/did you learn more from school or your own personal reading?
- If you ever wrote a book, what genre would it be?
- Have you ever thought you could do better than a published author you have read? Who and why?
Link to my best post